Thursday, September 24, 2009

Books, Writers, and Other News

It's been a wonderful few weeks of weather lately, I wonder where that's been all summer? For those of you who have honoured me the past few years with your readership, I thought I'd bring you up to date on the latest news. As most of you are well-aware, my 'blog' really isn't a blog at all. At least, it doesn't look like most blogs I read. For the most part, I see it as a place for my work, some of which would be hard to classify or pinpoint in regards to a particular market such as a magazine or newspaper.

In book news, I am currently hard at work on a fantasy novel. I know that may sound strange, but when your primary passions are theology, philosophy, and politics (and you loved adventure novels as a kid), what better place to go than that of a novel which requires all three. That said, it's revealed itself to be an arduous task. World building sounds like fun... until you start detailing the history of a nation, complete with cultural idioms, language provisions, money type, government evolution, and so on. Still, its been an enjoyable process, and I hope to have a rough first draft done by Christmas. (Approx 140,000 words)

I now have my fitness site up and running (http://www.funfitness.ca/), and for those of you in the area, if you'd like to drop me a question about working out or nutrition or training, feel free to drop me a line.

I received a disturbing email recently, a Christian "Call to Arms", about the spreading "Spiritual Darkness" and "Signs of the Times." It was disturbing to read that many Christians actually believe the "end is upon us." We sell millions of dollars of crap related to this while people around us starve. Please try to avoid the Christian consumer trap. Spend your time and money more wisely than investing in these charlatans. If you need to escape, might I suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan? Great, fun books that won't make you look at your neighbour and people of other cultures as if they're the devil. (Quick quiz: Anyone know how the Jehovah Witnesses started? The first person to shoot me an email will get Jordan's first book for free.)

As for my next "real" blog, I'll be posting later this week. Part 1 is almost done.

Until then, keep... eating... that chicken. :)

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment